Thursday, January 27, 2005

new experience

i haven't blogged abt work in a while...bc its so repetitive...

BUT....today....something different happened that well...i thought i'll share w all of u...

ok, so i have been 'trained' by the other receptionist and the DOCTOR herself that when a phone call comes through, and ur busy w patients at the actual surgery, or the drs have told u to do something, u let the phone ring...

if u have a second btw jobs, u grab the phone and ask the patient to wait...most of the times, the patient waits until u come back...or waits for the dr herself. sometimes, they can't be bothered waiting that long that they hang up.

IF there is no answer at the end of the phone when u return....and u constantly go :hello? hello? hello? abt 5 times...then u are entitled to hang up the phone...

SO

today....

well the dr was getting me to get test results, a new patient had arrived and i had to get the next medicare card ready, the phone rang. while waiting for the photocopy machine to work, and printing off test results, i picked up the phone...
on came an ANGRY VIET VOICE saying:
"YOU CALLED ME ON MONDAY TELLING ME THAT I COULDN'T SEE THE DOCTOR AND TOLD ME TO RING BACK ON THURSDAY AND SO I HAVE AND WHY COULDN'T I SEE THE DOCTOR ON MONDAY HUH????!!"
me: "ah, yes i did call u. please hold the line and i'll explain everything later"

so i busy myself finishing everything and when everything was ok...i picked up the phone...
and nothing....called out hello 3 times...and NOTHING.

15 mins later....the same person calls and says IN ANGRY ENGLISH:
"YOU. I CALL, YOU MAKE ME WAIT. YOU HANG UP. WHAT FOR? YOU WASTE MY MONEY"
"oh sorry abt that, but when i called out for you, you weren't there so i had to hang up"
"I WAS THERE. YOU WASTE MONEY. YOU SAY HELLO AND HANG UP.

FUCK YOU"

uh huh. SERIOUSLY! i got a FUCK YOU! a fuck you! can u believe it! from a freakin patient... A FUCK YOU????

here of course was my reply:
"EXCUSE ME? HOW DARE U SAY FUCK YOU TO ME. I CALLED YOU THREE TIMES. I LEFT AN MSG ON UR MACHINE. BE THANKFUL. NOW IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE DOCTOR I SUGGEST U CALL SOMEONE ELSE WHO CAN BE BOTHERED TAKING YOUR BULLSHIT.
FUCK ME?
I THINK, FUCK YOU"
and immediately hung up on that patient feeling rather satisified....








weren't convinced? or couldn't believe i did that? well for those who BELIEVED I DID THAT...shame on yoU!!! MY monash med 'all abt the patient' skills are of high standards thank you very much....
what i actually said...in CALM vietnamese:
" i'm so sorry. i thought u had gone. i'm very sorry for that mistake. now you wanted to make an appointment for dr. le?"
her: "why couldn't i see her the other day?"
me: "bc the dr took the day off"
her" why? - practically screaming
me: "oh, bc her mother died"
her: silence

and from then on, she was a very good patient.

really, FUCK YOU....can't believe i got one. and to think...i have one WEEK left of work...it would have been clean hadn't it been FOR HER!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home