BUZZ WORDS
There are 4 buzz words for the next 2 weeks:
* CAT Harm assignment
* preference forms
* med ball
* MY B'DAY.
Obviously, the last one being the most important. haha. Well, actually, unless ur a select few, if u talk to a current 3rd year med student, the first 3 topics are current hot topics (ok, so even the select few probably don't care its my b'day...but THEY'RE STILL COMING :D)
What can i say abt all these topics. Sigh. Too much probably.
CAT Harm assignment is one of those GEEZ THIS IS SHIT assignments. Useful in some ways, crapolar in many other ways. I did my first draft of it 2 weeks back...and i still can't be bothered taking a good look at it and making sure its ok for handing in on friday. Whoop. I'm completely slack. I did the assignment wo realising i did the assignment kinda thing, like...DID i really do it? Who knows. I don't care. hehe Damn it. It's a stupid assignment that i have to get 75% to pass. How rude. Hope my marker isn't harsh.
Preference forms. Out of boredom and trying to find another excuse to not read abt pyrexia of unknown origin (hehe which is why i'm here), I just completed my first draft of what i'm picking for next year. hehe i'm a huge fan of these first draft things. Anyhoot. So i did them. And i'm kinda ok w the order atm, but kinda apprehensive. I'm happy w preferences 6 and onwards, but its the first 4 and first 5 sometimes, that has me stuck. The thing that is odd this year, is that while last year i was willing to stand on my own 2 feet (well, kinda) and go somewhere on my own, to go on my own next year...not so much.
I suppose i worked myself to this situation. The news of the return of some ppl from rural has me in a panic attack. Bc it'll be my luck, that i'll get stuck w them (dear god...why??). I also would really like to go w certain few as well. And the fact that i have no control over that makes me feel slightly shitty. I just worry friendships becoming stagnant. Lost even. That's not cool.
Hehe. This year, its less abt the hospital themselves, and more abt the ppl i'll be going with. Last year, i pretty much became certain that i wanted ALFRED first. Now, i don't reallly want to make up my mind til i have a complete consensus w other students. Eh. Will post updates.
Med Ball. Well, i should add Viet Ball too - as Viet Ball is this weekend. My expectations for viet ball are low. Very low. I have absolutely no desire to go and make friendly. I already know there will be a few ppl there that I SHOULD know. But i don't really give a damn. In fact, I would pike it if the president and treasurer didn't have parents who knew my parents and gossip like crazy. In fact, other friends want a poker night. Yes, i would pike ball night for poker night. Yes i really would. Damn stupid ball.
Med ball also has very low expectation. With the diaster of the selling of tickets this year, its got the makings of a crap ball. Which is sad, bc last year was great fun. But this year, we're going w a semi new group too. Which should be exciting. and yet odd. There will be significant ppl missing in action too, which is crapolar. Shoot all the 1st and 2nd years. HAHA. Hopefully, it will be an ok night. A night that is just the WARM UP to.......
MY' B'DAY. hehe this too, has the potential to be absolutely crap BUT.....
IT'S MY B'DAY. and i'm excited. i have no idea how its going to work out but what i really really want out of it is just a good night w some very good friends. Most ppl on the list are ppl i've got bonding stories w. Some others are obligatory invites, so i don't really care if they dont turn up. hehe. BUT yes, i'm hoping for a good night. I really hope so. and i hope others have good fun too.
So that's the end of my ramble. Better get back to the study. Notice how other med student blogs always say that too? Gotta get back to the books. How sad.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home