Tuesday, November 20, 2007

so close to the end...

I have just finished what can be potentially, my last osce for my medical student career. HOW DAMN EXCITING!!!!

Was it good? eh. It was okish. I know I rocked one station (bc the guy told me so and encouraged me to say more so he can give me more marks! - don't u love those examiners) but I also potentially pissed off the HEAD OF OBS AND GYN bc when I walked in I:
a) really didn't allow him to introduce himself (I have heard of this guy, he's well known, but the joys of doing o and g in frangas meant I've never heard of him before!) and
b) he was expecting me to be a...MR. TAI. UMMM HELLO!! I"M A GIRL!!!! I had to tell him who i really was, point to my name on the list BEFORE I STARTED! HELLO! I HAVE FRIGGIN 6 MINS to get a hx, ix and manage!!!! PLEASE MARK ME WELL! (lol, as if the head of o and g is reading this!!!)

Although, having said that the 1 rocked station guy said well done....i've been told well done before and got friggin 12/20!!! So who knows. You can't predict these things unfortunately

And the written stations...WHAT A JOKE. SO STUPID. I HATE U FACULTY. That is all. I had all the knowledge, just not the time to write it all. And that's not fair.

I must say, I hate studying for osces, but doing them, is very satisfying. I enjoy the process, bc you get to tell ur examiners, LOOK AT ME! I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!!! Of course, that all sucks if you don't know what to do (has happened before). It's just that awesome feeling when u walk out of one thinking, I did my best, and I said everything I wanted. Did I mention I hate studying for them? THEY ARE A SHOCKER. It hurts really.

I'm glad that's over. I'm nearing the end of my medical student career. Argh help. After friday, when I've "officially" finished, I get to say I'm 80% a doctor. And doesn't that freak u out. It freaks me out like crazy shit.

Anyway, I have been quiet over the few wks bc I was in that "mode". You know, the "study mode" and my post would have just dragged on abt how much I hate studying, how i regret not working throughout the semester (I actually can't say that, bc I DID WORK. I WORKED HARD). And then I would have talked abt how I literally, oh yes LITERALLY, put my life on hold to study this year. And that would have been boring.

In fact, a friend (oh yes, u know who u are ;)) mentioned to me a while ago, " your blog has a meredith grey feel to it." If u watch grey's anatomy, you know what that means. Oh yes, this blog is DARK AND TWISTY!!!

All I can say that this year had a dark and twisty feel to it. I felt it when 01/01/07 came in and unfortunately, it was just going to be that way. But I'm nearing the end of it. And I can't wait for it just to be done.

I have one more exam to start freaking out over. Mainly bc now I have to cram everything I've learnt over 4 years for this one measly exam. How retarded. Can I remember that far? NO. And I have 2 days. Crap, its gone all dark and twisty again!!!

Next year looks promising, and perhaps, if I'm lucky, the dark and twisted thoughts leave...and I can give u more hilarious 'life moments'. I'll do my best, I promise.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home