Wednesday, July 16, 2008

First blog from London

Hello from UK! It has been abt a wk here now and I'm settling in kinda.


This is a big city. Much bigger than melb. Always something to do, something to see. It is quite amazing. I am enjoying myself here. But sometimes i get the feeling 6 wks here is long.

Before i got here, i really thought i wanted to experience LIFE in london, but i think the next 6 wks will be sufficient. I've learnt, i do like melb alot more. Melbourne will forever be my home.

Much has happened. We've met some random med ppl, we've med random aussie ppl. No real strong friendships yet, but its nice to see different ppl. We've also caught up w lots of our friends here which has been very good.

I'm feeling a little run down bc we went really hard out last wk. LOL. So i need to recover from that. Getting to that atm.

Overall, I know even know, that this trip will do me good. But every now and then i get pangs of homesickness, and i stress being here for so long. It sounds so weird doesn't it? It's LONDON. I've aimed for this for 3 years.

But I'm learning heaps about myself. I need to build a back bone. I love my family. Wait, I like my family. I like that I have them as my own. I like that I love them so much that I miss them and not my house. Unlike the other 2 w me, I miss my parents, not the material things in melb. I want them here. I'm learning patience. Patience like never before. I'm learning to deal w my own insecurities. Even if I'm not doing a very good job at it.

There are of course heaps of superficial things that have happened that I could chat abt for a long time but that will be for another day. I am glad to be here, don't get me wrong. This will do me wonders.

I just pray that the next 10 wks, we will continue to be safe. Happy. And i'll shake off this struggling bit of trying to figure out exactly who the fuck i am this year. it's gonna be interesting to say the least!

Will keep u updated...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home