Dublin
I have just come back from a 4 night, 3 day visit to Dublin, Ireland. If ur a long time reader, u may remember (or not at all) that sometime in 2nd year I decided that one of my life ambitions is to wonder Dublin aimlessly.
And its been done!! My impression of Dublin changed over the course of those 3 days. It has been very exciting.
My thoughts of Ireland is that its nice and green. Sunny, full of squirrels and other forest creatures. Seriously, that was what I was expecting of Ireland. Why else would I want to go aimlessly around Ireland?
So imagine my disappointment and shock when I turned up in Dublin and realised everything was grey. Just grey. Small. Old. Quiet. And I was a little upset. Where is the green? Where are the friendly people singing and dancing in the street? Where are my forest creatures??!
But after letting that initial shock settle, I began to realise just how nice Dublin is. The people are very lovely. Their accents are fantastic (I could listen to a good looking guy with an irish accent for hours) and they just like things to be a little more laid back.
First day we went around looking at churches and the Dublin castle. The dublin castle is where the show Tutors is filmed. It was nice and the tour guide even nicer. LOL. We also went to Guinness warehouse where I really attempted to drink guiness but while I do quite like it, I couldn't get very fair with it. Oh well.
The 2nd day we went on a tour to see the ruined abbeys of some monk order and tombs made by people some BC years ago. LOL. I'm so informative. The tombs were cool. And its out of dublin where u realise that Ireland is GREEN. The countryside is very peaceful. That night we spent the night pub hopping. There is a massive hens/stag night culture in Dublin and that was interesting to watch to say the least.
Our last day we went to see Malehaide Castle which was very cool. I really liked the castle structure and inside, it was small and cosy. The original owner actually now lives in Tasmania, because she couldn't afford inheritance tax. I would hate to lose something in my family bc of a tax. And it had such pretty grounds. We got back to Dublin quite early and suddenly we were stuck with ideas of what to do. All 4 of us (Becky, Casey and Anna) were getting a little angsty at the idea of nothing to do and suddenly, becky mentioned a bay and Casey decided on taking a bus there.
Probably the best idea we had all wkend. We finally found the green Ireland. And it was just beautiful and enjoyable to see the bay and walk aimlessly around the mountain, following all the weird paths. Took heaps of photos, enjoyed the sun (yes it was sunny all the way in Ireland for us!)
Overall I believe it was a good trip. Would I go to Dublin again? Probably not in the next few years. But I did enjoy myself. My impressions of Dublin? It's grey stones, grey skies, peaking sunshine, beautiful green countryside, large mountains, water, walking aimlessly everywhere, small city, butt bridge, Guinness, pubs everywhere, expensive food, lucky charms, great accents. Thank you Dublin, for such a fantastic weekend.

1 Comments:
Jealous. Oh so jealous. I am getting itchy feet. Glad you're having a fricking awesome time though!
-T
Post a Comment
<< Home