Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Asia trip 2007

Two post in one. Lucky you.

Anyway, I did just return from an asia trip this morning. For the last 12 days I have been to Phuket, Singapore, Malaysia and Bangkok.

Phuket
Is the bomb. Kind of what I needed. Bc of the year that 2007 was (read below) I needed so down time and Phuket offered that. It was relaxed. It was the beach. It was the pool. It was the nice weather. Cheap food. Good thai food. And very friendly ppl all around. However, I was majorly annoyed by some of my fellow tourists on my flight. DAMN YEAR 12S WHO HAVE JUST FINISHED!! I was unfortunate enough to find myself sitting in front of a bunch of year 12 girls who had just finished. Of course, they were tanned and make up all over, making me look much younger than they did. They also wore push up bras. They also used their boobs to get most things. Firstly, they were allocated away from each other. So they, determined to sit tog, asked everyone else to move around them. HORRIBLE PPL. But alas (obviously just finished reading ur blog tina!) these 4 girls were also sitting next to another group of yr 12s leavers who had an equally annoying girl in that group. I swear to god, for 8 hrs all I heard from that particular annoying girl was...OMG WE ARE LIKE SO TOTALLY HANGING OUT TONIGHT. YOU CAN LIKE TOTALLY COME TO OUR HOTEL AND WE'LL LIKE DRINK. She said it a so many times I felt like reaching down her throat and ripping her vocal cords out. Lucky me, annoying girl who wanted wanted the 4 other bimbos to hang out w her and her group ENDED UP at our hotel too!! Like for fucks sake.
The funny thing abt the 4 other girls was that they flew to phuket only to fly out the next day (to where I don't care) and hence was staying at a hotel near the airport. Which was abt 1 hr away from our hotel. Those 4 other girls were also pointedly stupid. As for any country, when u come in u get an immigration card. Most of them have an arrival card and a departure card. U will need both when u go into customs on ur arrival. BUT bc those 4 girls decided that they weren't departing, they THREW the departing cards away (even though it is attached to ur arrival card in thailand). Then they spent a good 10 mins arguing w officials: "BUT WE'RE NOT DEPARTING. WHO NEEDS A DEPARTING CARD?" How abt when u leave the fucking country?!!! Sorry, as u can see, these girls annoyed the CRAP out of me. They talked the whole flight leaving me no sleep.

Apart from that though Phuket is lovely. The beaches are wonderful and the ppl are very pro tourist (considering its their main income). We got massages, which during it I got the feeling I sorta know what that reflex that boys have feels like - the reflex being that when u stroke one part of their thighs their balls head north). We ate like royalty (ah hence the 2 kg increase in weight) and I really started to feel relaxed...

Singapore
I was relaxed until we got to singapore - a mere 4 days after we left Melbourne. We had taxi issues, hotel room issues - they didn't check us in til 7pm at night..AND WE ARRIVED AT 2! Then shopping. Holy crap. How many ppl can u squeeze into a fucking street? Apparently alot. It was just crowded EVERYWHERE. Anywhere we went, it was crowded. It was as if we were ants. Add to the fact that our family friends also had different ideas on where to shop to us, it added to the tension. Ppl were getting disgrunted (me included) over the little things and it was starting to get on ppl's nerves. Having said that, shopping was okish. Due to the sales and our dollar, things were cheaper - but not by alot. I still bought a shitload of them though (not sure if I fit into them now considering the weight gain). That's basically what we did in singapore. Shop.

Malaysia
I honestly think that we did malaysia all wrong. Again, it was bc of different views from different families. One of the families had already been to M'sia and they had friends over in M'sia too. So our malaysian trip was dictated by them. I was forced to do many things that I'd rather not, and we didn't shop at the right places. Having said that, I did have fun too.
We went to Lagoon which is pretty much 2 theme parks in one. Having just been to Phuket and seeing ppl in bikinis and topless etc, I forgot abt M'sia being a mainly muslim country and hence when arriving at the water theme park and realising only me and my friend were wearing bikinis, I became self conscious. In the end, most of my clothes got wet anyway so I ended up swimming in it.

We also went to another theme park and went on a ride where...U LIE DOWN. Face down. U literally lie down and 'fly' like spiderman (though I personally felt like it was superman). I've never been one for rollarcoster rides (in fact I never went on them bc i was scared shitless) but this trip I decided to be more fierce and went on all the rollarcoster rides my brother went on. Including this lying down one called flying dragon. It was the BEST rollarcoaster I have ever been on. U literally do upside twirls while ur lying and u jerk around etc. Recommend to anyone who is couragous enough for it.

Shopping was nuts at M'sia too. And thank god for fat ppl there! I can fit into clothes!!! I also bought a shitload of earrings (what else) and I managed to convince my parents to buy me real tiffany and co jewellery bc I've always wanted, never got them. It is cheaper in M'sia too btw.

My parents pretty much rode M'sia off after this trip but I myself am not sure. I am still willing to give it a chance bc I don't think I did it right. I'll go w friend next time for sure.

Bangkok
This is probably my 5th time to bangkok and while i wasn't so excited at the beginning of this this trip to go back, after this trip I must say it is one of my favourite cities in the world (ok, asia). It is cheaper than M'sia and Singapore, u can find all sorts of things there and the ppl are nice. We did bangkok wrong this time as well (again w the shopping!) bc there were markets that I would have much preferred to go to but never got the time. How sad. Dad wants to go back next year so we will see.

Overall, the trip started off well, ended ok, was kinda shitty in between. I think it was too many stubborn ppl and too many cooks. My mum become more stubborn and it became more annoying for me to keep her in check. I truly felt sorry for my dad this whole trip, bc it was his trip that he planned, and yet the other families dictated our every move. He didn't have an enjoying trip as he has had in the past.

I discovered that although I feel that I am alot like my mum, this trip showed me how I'm alot like my dad too. I get annoyed at the same things as he does and I like things a certain way like he does. I do not tolerate lateness nor do I tolerate willy nilly which are the same things my dad can't tolerate. This trip showed me that I'm emotional like my mum, but think like my dad. I'm fast as my mum (she moves fast always, and as i always have to follow her, i have to do that same thing) but am not as stubborn like my dad. David is the exact opposite. Stubborn like my mum but slow like my dad (my dad likes to walk/drive at a leisurely pace).

So that is my trip pretty much in a nutshell. Basically one massive shoppin tour. LOL. It's as if we've done all the tours already!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home