Tuesday, November 28, 2006

reflection 2006

It's been a week since my last exam and i'm still dreaming abt med...doing better in the sleep department...but that wee moment before i nod off, i'm still thinking abt the exam or the osce and it friggin annoys me....and its more painful when u wake up thinking abt med.

Anyway. Time for some REFLECTION. hehe. It is rather tedious to go through this all actually, but it feels worth it when i reread past posts. I made a reflection post of year one, but not of year two, and i regret not taking that time. So, I'm gonna do my best to remember my 3rd year. Here we go. Warning: VERY LONG POST
Year 3 at the Alfred. What can u say abt such a full on year??? Too much. We'd be here all year as i recount little insignifcant stories that really do add up and make u think u've had one awesome year. And i suppose i have. I really can't say anything bad abt this year but for the exam period. But of course, we need to be objective some how. So here are the good, the bad and all the things in between of 2006.
The Good
* Making new friendships. This year, mady and i met these BOYS. Even though we knew of them/knew them a little it took this place called the ALFRED for us to actually spend time w them.
Our friendships weren't really forged until semester 2, and then getting to know them was pretty cool. Of course, they had their own 'BOYS CLUB' which drove me insane at times when i was trying to talk over them but....hmmm boys will be boys? Will miss them next year.
* My pbl group. I spent almost everyday w these ppl. And I'm glad that they were a different group of ppl from the usual ppl I hang out with. It made the groups all that more interesting. While it was sometimes difficult to work as a group of 9, I must say that I didn't mind our group. I couldn't think of another group that I would join. hehe. So i was content w this lot. They're funny.
* TT!!!! Table Tennis that is. It is quite sad and nerdy of me to get excited over this, but this is how we began our friendships w the boys. Mady and I weren't really compatible w the other girls at the alf, so we ended up spending our spare time in the TT room. Of course, it had its downside....missing out on the goss is the major one.
*The Alf Cafe. Ok. So this isn't really, the A GOOD THING but compared to other hospitals...i think we faired well. It's where i got my coffees to stay awake.
* The teaching. We got taught by friggin STORY and KOFFSMAN. Enough said. Well, just to be fair, we really did get taught by some awesome doctors.
* Beginning the 21st trail!! Let me see if I can list: leejen's, becky's, alla's, kalpana's, glor's, dave's, mine, casey's. We also had other parties during the year. It was so much fun to dress up and meet up w old/new friends. Perhaps the most fun was the fact that most parties turned into a party for moi. Nah, i jest. But if i knew most of the ppl there, yes...then i became quite self centred. haha.
* The Alfred Library. Seriously. Really nice. Good place to study. Good place for books. It was either here or the TT room were i socialised w other groups!
* Learning abt Chapel St. Not that we did this lots but I'm more comfortable w the place, that's for sure.
The Bad
* Exam period. Frick on a holy stick. Enough said.
* The tram rides in to alfred. This is semi bad, semi good. Good in that I could catch up w Mady this way, crapolar in that when Mady wasn't around...the trip was LOOONNNGGGG.
* Stupid 8am starts. Not that we did this often in sem 2 bc we got lazy, but they still happened. Oh and 7am starts. Pfft

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home