Mini update
For those of you interested, that patient I posted abt in the last one has what my consultant calls sepsis of unknown origin. Oh yes, we've done every infective investigation u can do (including trying to aspirate a knee that really has no effusion in it!) and nothing. Nothing grew. Nothing there. He's just very sick.
Everytime I walk into his ward I get all sweaty and nervous, esp if I'm not there w a reg or my intern. Bc i just feel like he's going to go MET call on me and I'll have no idea what to do.
I have one more week on aged care and then I hit surgery. I haven't actually done a proper surgery rotation in my medical education I don't think. I can't remember too much abt surgery. I don't like the idea of early morning starts, and very late evenings. I think it would be good to get away from the demented and the fragile, but I have just got into this rotation. Bummer.
Can't believe I've already been at this for 5 wks!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home